The fundraising for Yorkshire Air Ambulance continues at Agenda, and today saw one of our biggest fundraising sessions yet!
You may have seen some tweets in the last few days about our Raffle Extravaganza, well, today was the day. We had so many kind donations from local businesses which amounted to an incredible 21 prizes in total, including the likes of a session at Gravity, Family tickets to places like HoneySuckle Farm and the Jorvik Centre, bottles of wine and free MOTs amongst many others! The raffle was introduced by Managing Director, Norman and drawn by Agenda’s newly appointed Finance Director, Gary Parkin. The raffle itself raised a fantastic £278 to add to our total.
Lunch time saw another Lunch and Learn Session, arranged as always by Judith and Ali. For this session, Yorkshire Air Ambulance’s East Yorkshire Reginal Fundraising Manager, Bob Smailes provided the staff with a presentation on all of the incredible work that the charity does on a daily basis. Some astounding facts were passed over:
- They operate 7 days a week, 365 days a year, 18 hours a day
- They cover the whole of Yorkshire – 4 million acres!
- They are within 20 minutes of 90% of Yorkshires population
- In 2016 they attended 1,543 incidents – 364 were in East Yorkshire alone (that’s one incident in East Yorkshire every single day)
- It costs £12,000 a day (around £4.4million a year) to keep flying!
It was a privilege to meet Bob and Janette and we’d like to say a huge thank you to them, not only for their visit, but for all the amazing work they and their team do.
Agenda have raised £1,600 to date for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, and we have loads planned for the next six months to keep this total rising!